Featured Post

An Interview With Simon Loxley

Friday, August 10, 2001

Being Anthony Monday

Anthony Monday
Can you imagine the thrill of going through life having the same name as one of Bellairs's characters? Yes, the thought of calling one's self "Brewster the Rooster" does have some perks but until then, here's Anthony Kyle Monday and his story:

When I was at the video store about four years ago, the guy behind the counter said, "Hey, you're Anthony Monday, like in the Bellairs books." I had no idea what he was talking about and said so, and he informed me that there was a whole series of young adult novels written by a (now dead) British [sic] author named John Bellairs which starred a character named Anthony Monday, and he, along with tons of other people, was a big fan. I made a mental note to check it out. Later, I had a (thankfully) short-lived job working for the insane people who run Open Exchange magazine and they kept harping on me about the name too. Three years on, today I bothered to pick up The Dark Secret of Weatherend to find out what my fictional self has been doing. Hopefully something more interesting than blowing his nose at Red House Painters.

Anthony Kyle Monday, July 21, 2001

No comments: