Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Time Capsule: 1992

August, 1992: 14 years ago this August, John's last book is published a year after his untimely death. The Mansion in the Mist, with a working title of The Mansion at the End of the World, is the fourth, and as of this writing, the final book in the Anthony Monday series. Anthony, Miss Eells and her brother, Emerson, endure a jolting ride in an old wooden chest and find a sinister world whose inhabitants are...planning...heh-heh...well, we won't spoil it for you. Let's just say it involves a guy named Marius Ambrose and some of his friends.

1 comment:

charlie P! said...

Hey, hello. Charlie here, the guy writing the screenplay based of off 'Blue Figurine.' I have a question which I hope you'll know. I know that Johnny's mother died, but in the books I have, the mother's name is never mentioned....I don't have all the books at my house, so I was thinking she might be mentioned, by name, in another book I don't have, and for the sake of accuracy in the script, I was wondering if you knew, and could tell me? If so, that'd be a good help! Thanks! And thanks for the great website.
-CAP

#JohnBellairs