O Lamentable Day
- Winnie the Pooh Day (January 18)
- Alfred Hitchcock Day (March 12)
- Mother Goose Day (May 1)
- Star Wars Day (May 4) - "May the Fourth" be with you (and beware the revenge of the fifth, too)
- Horseradish Day (Nah - just seein' if you're payin' attention)
- Eliza Doolittle Day (May 20)
- Towel Day (May 25).
- Labyrinth Day (June 13) - Celebrates fantasy movie Labyrinth (with Jennifer Connelly).
- Bloomsday (June 16) - Celebrates writer James Joyce.
- Tom Sawyer Fence Painting Day (July 4)
- Hobbit Day (September 22)
You get the idea. Some early ideas were:
- December 28 - The feast of the infants, better known as the Childermass. (Wasn’t the prof’s birthday Dec. 8?)
- March – The Feast of Saint Fidgeta, commemorating her being slapped to death (we’d pick the day, I suppose).
- November 8 – Winterborn Appreciation Day, commemorating the opening of Hoosac Library.
- Then there’s January 17 – John’s birthday.