Featured Post

An Interview With Simon Loxley

Wednesday, August 15, 2001

Who Will Play the Cook?

Waiting to eat...
We knew Professor Childermass liked to bake a thing or two but don't forget there's plenty of food in John's books, including Mrs. Zimmermann's cookies and that German restaurant Anthony and Miss Eells enjoy visiting.  And drink, too, such as Snake-Year Sherry.

Earlier this year we discovered that Bellairs fan and author Ursula Bielski was putting together a cookbook inspired by the works of John Bellairs. Yum!  At the time the book was still being written and she was in the process of finding a publisher.  She said at the time that she will see the project through to the end and if it comes down to it, she might even publish it herself.
We received word recently from Ursula that her cookbook idea is still being submitted to prospective publishers. Keep your fingers, claws, talons or whatever it is you have, crossed:
Thanks so much for passing along the interest in the cookbook. Frankly, I'm just getting back to my writing projects after devoting the past few months to supporting my husband's completion of his latest book. Ugh. Anyway, I am preparing to send off my query letter to a batch of additional publishers to see what happens. I will definitely keep you posted on my progress. Thanks again and long live John Bellairs!

No comments: