Featured Post

An Interview With Simon Loxley

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Review: House "A Really Fun Book Though I'm Not Sure It's A Favorite"

Book review: The House with a Clock in its Walls

This was a really fun book though I'm not sure it's a favorite.  Lewis grew a lot during the book and I enjoyed his eccentric uncle and the crotchety Mrs. Zimmermann.

However, there is quite a bit of childhood bullying that goes on in the story which made me sad -- especially seeing the way it affected Lewis.  One of the main reasons I would choose to continue the series would be to see if Lewis manages to fight back at any point.  

And, of course, I would love to see if he gains powers of his own.

I'll keep this one on the shelf in case Z wants to pick it up in a few years and if I see any others, I'll probably pick them up.

Kristen M.
webereading.com

No comments: