Featured Post

An Interview With Simon Loxley

Monday, April 25, 2011

Something About Michael and Marc Leighton

Director Michael Shane Leighton and writer Marc Leighton are the brothers responsible for the terrifying found footage horror film Pursuit of a Legend. Gorepress’s Scullion was hugely impressed by their feature debut and wanted to discuss where their ideas came from and how they created such a believable “found footage” film.

GP: Have you both always been fans of the horror genre?

Michael: Ha Ha… I suppose we could thank our father Michael W. Leighton for that one. I think we were what… 6 and 7 when he took us to see Friday the 13th in the theater. But for me, I would call myself a movie fan in general. If it has a good story and shot well then I would enjoy it.

Marc: My love of horror was kicked started when I saw Friday the 13th, and I also loved books by John Bellairs. They weren’t necessarily horror, but for a kid they were scary. I quickly moved on to Stephen King and Dean Koontz. From there, yes, I was definitely a horror fan.

No comments: