Featured Post

An Interview With Simon Loxley

Monday, June 4, 2007

Spreading Michiganess

Michigan
From time to time we like to share some of what we get in our inbox (you know, printable stuff - not news of our winning the Kiribati lottery or stuff like that). A note over the weekend was from an Instructional Technologist at Kalamazoo RESA. Haven’t you always wondered what Instructional Technologists do?

"I just left the classroom this winter to take this job. I'm writing to you for a request. I know you receive many of these throughout the year but please take the time to hear my story. I have been chosen to attend a Summer Institute in Florida for Discovery Education. The Discovery Educator Network is a national program that connects educators with one another. Last summer I was chosen to attend their Regional Institute in Chicago. I am one of two educators representing the state of Michigan at this Institute. Each Institute attendee has been asked to bring a token that represents the state from which we reside. As a former Elementary educator I thought it would be great to give each of the participants a book from a Michigan author. You are not the only author I am requesting this help from. Though the Institute has 60 participants, I was hoping that you might be able to donate 10 paperback books that could be my token to give other participants of the Institute. Again, I realize that requests like these come daily. If you have the resources available to donate 10 books, know that they will be given to educators from a varying number of states, and that they will be MUCH appreciated."
As much as I wish I were a Michigan author we think what she’s doing is legitimate (we looked her up) and for a rather interesting cause.

No comments: