Featured Post

An Interview With Simon Loxley

Monday, January 12, 2009

Whoever Removes These Things Does So at Her Own Peril....

Jenny had “heard some good things about John Bellairs” but when she tried one of his books, she didn’t finish it because she wasn’t in love with it. But now, as Jenny says, “if you like John Bellairs, you may profit from my guilt.
...A little while ago, I found several of his books at the library sale for ten cents. So I got them. Why not? If it turns out I hate them, I thought, they were only ten cents. No big loss.

Since then I have been eaten up with guilt. I always fret about these library sales because I’m afraid that they’ll put a book I really, really love on the sale tables, and then someone who DOESN’T EVEN CARE will buy it for ten cents, read it once, and get rid of it. When I want it so much more! And now I am that person. I am the doesn’t even care person who buys books that somebody else might really love.

Anyway, I feel so guilty about this that I’m going to see if anyone wants them who actually likes John Bellairs. The books are all hardback, they’re ex-library obviously, so they’ve got card pockets in the back, but they’re in pretty good condition anyway.

No comments: