Featured Post

An Interview With Simon Loxley

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Gashlycrumb Tinies! In 3-D! On Ice!

The Gashlycrumb Tinies
A sort-of animated, three-dimensional version of the Gorey’s Gashlycrumb Tinies – although we just tend to hover around Fanny and the leeches.

About a year ago I began building a recreation of Edward Gorey's The Gashlycrumb Tinies. Using little steampunk robot children of course. I had just wanted to practice building and you can actually see my skill improve as it goes along. I sat on IBM6 and Rezzable sandbox building it for what seemed like months and it was the first and last time I tried to watch my prim count. This was mainly because its not very polite to use all the resources on a sandbox. Shortly after I finished Gashlycrumb, KK Jewell offered her sim Arcspace as a venue to show it (with a little prompting from Bettina Tizzy I think). Edward Gorey is a favorite of mine with his offbeat cryptic humour, and if you dont know his work then I suggest you look him up. I am going to leave The Gashlycrumb Tinies out at Immersiva for the month of August should you be interested in seeing one of my early builds.

No comments: