Featured Post

An Interview With Simon Loxley

Friday, May 7, 2010

Review: House "As An Adult It Struck Me As Just A Little Too Far-fetched"

Book review: The House with a Clock in its Walls

Kailana and I planned to buddy read this book, but we got our wires crossed and I read it two weeks before she did, then neither of us felt like we had that much to say about it, so The House with a Clock in its Walls seems like a good candidate for a quickie review. ...

I think I would have really loved The House with a Clock in its Walls as a child but as an adult it struck me as just a little too far-fetched. One thing I did like was the fact that Uncle Jonathan is a nice guy. I think the evil relation thing has been overdone and it was a pleasant change to read about an orphan moving in with a kind uncle rather than a cruel one. I had Mrs. Zimmerman mentally cast as Maggie Smith, an actress I find tremendously likable even in her bitchiest roles, so obviously I also liked Mrs. Zimmerman. In general, I considered the book an average read.

Bookfool
bookfoolery.blogspot.com/

No comments: