Featured Post

An Interview With Simon Loxley

Sunday, December 13, 2020

Something About Your Own Fuss Closet

Ah ha, push that fuss!

Springtime is...frankly, months away, but Dalcy keeps telling me it will arrive sooner than I expect so I need to plan now. Spring cleaning comes earlier every year to the Mitchell’s. I don’t know why we didn’t this summer when we weren’t doing much of anything. Except puzzles. I do have a closet to clean and since I’m penning these Bellairs-related commentaries I can’t help but think of Roderick Childermass’s fuss closet.

Johnny Dixon finds the professor throwing a tantrum shortly after they meet in The Curse of the Blue Figurine:
Johnny looked in. He saw that the walls and the floor of the closet were covered with padded gymnasium mats. Taped to the inside of the closet door was a handlettered sign that said: TO FUSS IS HUMAN; TO RANT, DIVINE!
I sometimes think we all need a small, walk-in closet where we go to get the piss and vinegar out of our systems. Other times I think we need a small bedroom. But if you were creating your own fuss closet what would you include? How do you DYI a diatribe dojo?  Gym mats? Boxing gloves? Small punching bag? Helmet? Framed photographs of your boss?

No comments: