Featured Post

An Interview With Simon Loxley

Thursday, October 22, 2020

Something About the Colour

Roy G. Biv has nothing on this.

To celebrate National Color Day – and because Lovecraft is currently trending - I thought I’d point out the 2019 film, Color Out of Space. I haven’t seen any new movies recently and Dalcy and I haven’t been to a theatre in ages but I still apparently missed this one.

If you’re not familiar with Lovecraft’s 1927 short story, it’s the tale of what happened when a meteorite crashed in rural Massachusetts and poisoning every living being: vegetation grows large but foul tasting, animals are driven mad and deformed into grotesque shapes, and the people go insane or die one by one.

And if you think meteorites and dead fields sound just a bit familiar then you might want to consider the history of the Capharnaum County meteorite as told in The Beast under the Wizard’s Bridge.

No comments: