Featured Post

An Interview With Simon Loxley

Thursday, October 29, 2020

Something About Cosplay


Dress you up in some kind of love....

We once asked if anyone had ever dressed up as something Bellairsian for Halloween. Lewis?  Rose Rita?  Johnny?  A killer robot? A trio of friends enacting the Windrow stained glass window? In 2007 someone thought of dressing up as an actual house with a clock in its walls:
...maybe you actually did dress up as an Italianate manor house [with] a metronome in your mid-section[?]
Fast forward just over a decade and I suspect characters from House were more the rage what with the film adaptation. I also assume the time for Bellairsian cosplay came and went with the House movie buzz. I remember seeing pictures of people pretending to be Lewis or Rose Rita styling and profiling around Marshall. Has anyone done this since Oct. 2018?

But if you missed your chance then you can also pick up the accessories pictures above. This is the “Brown Wig Full Beard Cosplay Jonathan The House with a Clock in Its Walls HM-995”. Would someone actually pay for this?  I wouldn't, but then:
  1. I can’t pull off looking like Jack Black.
  2. I still contest Jonathan Barnavelt's hair is red.
  3. This is still one of the few, if only, products I’ve seen stemming from the movie so the merchandising license must have been nil.

No comments: